Here's my UKPennines map for "Railroads!".
Peaks and Dales in the North of England
This scenario covers the hilly northern Pennine
region of England, extending North from the cities of
to include part of the Lake District
in the North West, and the sparsely populated Yorkshire Dales.
The seaside towns of Southport
and the Morecambe Bay area lie on
the West coast.
- Large 15x15 size map
- Semi-realistic DEM (Digital Elevation Model) based terrain (Here's How)
- Lots of obscure northern towns, accurately placed as far as possible
- Industries realistically sited for the North West UK
- Works or without with the "global XML" map installation method described here
- Single-player Scenario included
The Single-player Scenario includes these three eras::
- 1850-1880: Connect Lancaster
to establish a west coast main line service
- 1881-1930: Connect to the major industrial cities of Sheffield and Manchester.
Deliver 50 coal to Sheffield.
- 1931-1970: Build a passenger route between Liverpool and
Deliver 10 passengers from Liverpool to Leeds.
You should first install the
Railroads v1.1 patch
Unzip UKPennines.zip into your My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\XML\_SCENARIOS_ folder
(thereby creating a new folder, UKPennines with the .xml and .tga files in it).
You are permitted to copy this page, and its associated images,
from this site/CD for your own personal non-commercial use.
Administrators of game-related web sites may freely copy and re-distribute
the aforementioned, provided:
- No payment is demanded for this service
- No changes are made without seeking my permission
- I am credited with authorship
- If you wish to include this material on any physical distribution media, please seek my permission first.
Updated: Sep 2007