I've attached a working version of my "UKLargeMP" map for you to try out, if you like.
It works for me (and I think plays reasonably well), but I can't guarantee no crashes etc...
- Large 15x15 size map (maximum available), based on Firaxis' original UK scenario
- Supply and demand fiddled with
- 23 new cities, including my home town (= Felixstowe)
- Industries less conveniently placed, and somewhat more realistically sited for the UK (e.g. Lowestoft fisheries, Nottingham textiles)
- I've attempted to make the profitable routes hard to find by keeping industries scarce - to encourage competition.
- Mountainous areas smoothed out a bit (got rid of the hills in East Anglia!)
- London has terminii (Paddington, Waterloo etc.) - not sure about this, feedback welcomed.
- Works or without with the "global XML" map installation method described here
You should first install the Railroads v1.1 patch
Unzip UKLargeMP.zip into your My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\XML\_SCENARIOS_ folder
(thereby creating a new folder, UKLargeMP with the .xml and .tga files in it).
You are permitted to copy this page, and its associated images,
from this site/CD for your own personal non-commercial use.
Administrators of game-related web sites may freely copy and re-distribute
the aforementioned, provided:
- No payment is demanded for this service
- No changes are made without seeking my permission
- I am credited with authorship
- If you wish to include this material on any physical distribution media, please seek my permission first.
Updated: Feb 2007