Here's my Iceland map for "Railroads!". Obviously Iceland isn't known for its extensive rail network,
(Iceland has no rail network) but I think it makes quite a playable game map.
Craggy, Volcanic Isle in the North Atlantic
This scenario covers Iceland
The Single-player Scenario includes these three eras::
- 1850-1890: "The volcanic isle" It is 1850. You must feed the coastal villages of Iceland
with fish and bring in the
milk from the dairies.
- Supply 20 carloads of milk to any village.
- Deliver 20 carloads of fish to any town with a cannery.
- Try to maintain at least a 20 percent share in your own company.
- 1891-1930: "Mail by Rail" It is 1891. Encourage the growth of villages into towns by
running an efficient mail delivery service.
Then focus your efforts on building passenger traffic.
- Move at least 20 cars of mail between villages, to attract trade to your stations.
- Move at least 30 cars of passengers.
- Build or purchase a textile mill in any town to support the Icelandic knitwear industry.
- Attain a net worth of ISK10 million.
- Expand your empire by buying a 50% stake in another company.
- 1931-1980: "The modern era" It is 1931. Deliver the distinctive knitwear produced by your textile mills.
to Reykjavik and meet the demand for
at either hospital.
- Connect Reykjavik
the principal town in the North.
- Deliver 20 carloads of Icelandic knitwear to any town demanding clothing.
- Deliver 20 carloads of medicine
- Be the last railroad standing.
You should first install the
Railroads v1.1 patch
Unzip Iceland.zip into your My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\XML\_SCENARIOS_ folder
(thereby creating a new folder, Iceland with the .xml and .tga files in it).
You are permitted to copy this page, and its associated images,
from this site/CD for your own personal non-commercial use.
Administrators of game-related web sites may freely copy and re-distribute
the aforementioned, provided:
- No payment is demanded for this service
- No changes are made without seeking my permission
- I am credited with authorship
- If you wish to include this material on any physical distribution media, please seek my permission first.
Updated: Sep 2008